Fediverse

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Human Pangea

Hi there! It’s good to be back. I have been a very busy beaver for the past few months. This blog post will be a bit different, although I still think that there will be some philosophical parts.
I am getting ready to move, and I am imagining quite a bit of things. I’m moving into part of a duplex, and I will be gaining a bigger space and a roommate. She’s been one of my best friends since 2009, and we get along very well. I am extremely excited about having more of a balance in my life now . I’ll still have my own bedroom, and I’m imagining how I want it to be set up. And while we will share the rest of the house, she is willing and open to share ideas and let me decorate if I wish. 
This move was rather unexpected, but every time I think back on the events that have happened so far, I can’t help but come back to the same reason over and over again. There were just too many things that lined up for this to be just a coincidence.
When I got the chance to go visit my friends at the end of the summer, I stayed there for a bit longer than I expected, and got involved in a half marathon chariot race in the fall. While I was there, another friend and I talked about possibly trying to get a place together. We were both getting tired of our situation, and feeling a bit out of sorts. As for me personally, besides that feeling, I had been getting this sort of nudge. The nudging was getting more prominent the longer I visited. That specific Avenue didn’t end up working out, however, immediately after that  the friend that I was staying with most of the time got an opening, because her roommate met someone that wanted to move into the area and needed a roommate, so they decided to team up and move  to another place nearby. My friend asked me if I would like to move in, since I was looking  for possibilities anyway, and I immediately jumped at the chance without even thinking about it. Since then, I have run into a couple of small snags, of course, and I have been a bit worried about things such as money, but my move out date is now very close, and at the moment I have more money in my bank account than I’ve ever had… Aside from when we got stimulus checks. I have also finally gotten approved for a beginner credit card that is supposedly designed to help me build credit. Everything seems to be moving and shifting, clicking into place like puzzle pieces. It reminds me a bit of Pangea, thus the title of this blog post.
Now, backing up a bit again to my imagination running wild. I have cleaned out what I don’t want or need, or what doesn’t seem to fit me or what I want anymore. I’m only taking what I still very much want and what I need.  I think I will be able to buy new things if need be. I hope that I will have enough room in my bedroom to begin doing my yoga practices again. Other than that, I’m still imagining the different ways I’d want to set it up, and how I might want to decorate it.  I want this to feel more like a home than my apartment ever did, and I think that it will. Especially with my friend there. I’ll have a companion, but I’ll also still have alone time. I’ve tried to turn my apartment into what would feel like a sanctuary for me, but I only partially succeeded in that. I think that this will be another opportunity for me to practice my creativity and also make a place that reflects who I am and what I love around me. I’d also like to start making crafts again. I think I will be able to do that again as well.  Needless to say, i’m very excited, and my creativity is already warming in the egg that is my brain, just waiting to hatch.

I hope everyone likes this post. I know there’s not a lot of fantasy in this one, but I wanted to sit down and write it anyway, and to let you know that I am still here.


No comments:

Post a Comment